All of our licences allow you to use them on staging or development domains without counting towards your site activations limit. However, your domain name must reflect one of the allowed TLDs or Subdomains.
TLDs that are considered as dev or staging:
- *.myftpupload.com (GoDaddy)
- *.cloudwaysapps.com (Cloudways)
- *.ngrok.io (tunneling)
Subdomains that are considered as dev or staging:
- stagingN.* (SiteGround; N is an unsigned int)
- *.staging.wpengine.com (WP Engine)
- dev-*.pantheonsite.io (Pantheon)
- test-*.pantheonsite.io (Pantheon)
- staging-*.kinsta.com (Kinsta)
Additionally, if your domain is localhost (with any port), it will also be treated as a localhost domain.
If your domain isn’t in the list, and it is not viable for you to change it, just send us a message and we’ll see what can be done.